Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

BP1_Google Reader

I've been using Google reader for a quite a few years now, so I was very excited to get to share some of my resources for this project.  It was also enjoyed looking up some new blogs to add to the ones I was already following.

NCTE Inbox: This blog is a product of the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE).  Functioning as an extension of the work the Council does to further and support the work of English teachers, this blog provides many thought provoking articles on topics relevant to their members. I've followed this blog for the last few years.

Ben Johnson's Blog & Rebecca Alber's Blog: These two blogs are new editions to my list, and I've grouped them together because they focus on the same topic - student engagement.  My AR project is focused on seeing if Challenge Based Learning (CBL) can improve the engagement and motivation levels of my students, so I thought these two blogs, which are hosted by Edutopia.org, would be a good place to see some other topics associated with engagement.

The Art Initiative: Aside from teaching English, I also teach journalism, drama, and public speaking.  The Art Initiative of The Ohio State University uses its blog to provide updates about arts events taking place at and around the university, along with updates about the Shakespeare education program they are developing for teachers in Ohio in conjunction with the Royal Shakespeare Company in London, England. I hope to participate in the program when it is opened to other teachers.  I hope to use the information provided here in my drama class as examples of work, and also for ideas for performances to take my students to see.

Huff English: On her professional blog, Dana Huff, an English teacher in the Atlanta area, shares her lessons, recommendations for reading and technology, and thoughts on various topics associated with English education.  This is another new blog I found, so I haven't had the opportunity to explore it fully, but the lessons I perused are quality lessons.

Teach J: A self proclaimed blog for journalism and media educators, I'm excited to check out the resources on this site.  From the posts I scanned, Robert Courtemanche uses his sense of humor in recommending resources, and he also has his syllabi posted, which is a great resource for me as our school is developing our media course offerings.

No comments:

Post a Comment