Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

ETC Week 4 Practical Experience - Flash (Part 3)


So here at the end, the information again gets confusing, and then gets semi pointless.  Adding the animations is fun, but if I hadn't had access to the exercise files from Lynda.com, I wouldn't have been able to learn figure out how to make the symbols to be able to add the animations to them.  The information on how to publish the Flash movies was semi-useless to me at this point because it didn't provide information on how to get the published file on the web, but I'm sure I can find a tutorial for that on the web.

Overall, I learned some fun things about Flash, but I'm also still very confused.

Chapter 5 - Adding Interactivity (8 min, 54 sec - 2 sections)
-       In order to control the timeline, like having the animation stop at a certain point, or add interactivity to an animation, you need to use ActionScript.
o   ActionScript 3.0 is Flash's native programing language
o   ActionScript code can be placed in two places
§  In frames on the timeline
§  In external files
o   Actions must be place on a layer if they are to go in frames on the timeline, so its best for them to have their own so they don't get confused with the animations you have.
o   There are many codes that can be used.
-       So adding interactivity can be very confusing, so like I said in the last post, you need to watch the tutorial because I'm not in the position yet to explain it.
o   I don't know how the code works, but here's a screen cap of what it looks like. (Wow, my head feels like it might explode.)

Chapter 6 - Publishing and Exporting (1 min, 51 sec - 1 sections)
-       Ok, all this chapter taught me is that there is an easy way to create the files required for publishing by clicking File>Publish.  Other than that, I have no clue how to actually put it up on the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment