Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

BP2_iGoogle Screen Shots

Like Google Reader, I've been using iGoogle for the last few years, and it's been my homepage for a majority of that time.  Before this assignment, I hadn't considered creating tabs for different areas of focus with their own gadgets on them.  Mainly, I had my homepage with multiple tools, and it may have been too many. After a while, I was only using one tool on the page (Gmail) and pretty much ignoring everything else.  Using different pages will allow me to focus my attention on a certain class or project and make my time more productive by clearing away the clutter.  Here's what my pages look like right now.

HOME
So you don't think I'm morbid with a person in a casket across the top,
it's a scene from one of my favorite TV shows, LOST.

FSO
I'm also a fan of Ohio State football.  Also, the LinkedIn gadget is there, but it isn't functioning properly.  

AR/CBL
Like the LinkedIn gadget, the Diigo gadget wasn't functioning either.

ETC
I love the look of the books at the top of this page. I think I'm addicted to books.
After creating these pages, I can see how some of the features I added will enrich my web surfing and make is easier.  The biggest example of this is the Flickr gadget.  I love photography, and the "Interesting" tab has some really creative and unique photography in it. 

However, I already had processes for some of the features I added that I think will stay with me and not be supplanted by these features.  The main example that I have is my bookmarks bar vs. the box of links.  I have folders on my bar that serve the same purpose, with each folder containing the necessary links or folders of links to streamline my browsing.  I know I'll always access FSO from the link in my Full Sail folder, but I can see me using the box links for APA resources and some of the new sites we'll be accessing this month that I've never used before.  

No comments:

Post a Comment